How can we help?

It’s important to make sure that you get all the help that you’re entitled to. We can advise on benefits and tax credits if you are working or unemployed, sick or disabled, a parent, a young person, an older person or a veteran. We can complete a benefit check to help see what you are entitled to, support you to make your application and if necessary appeal decisions.

We can help you to find out if you’re eligible for Universal Credit, make an application and get advice on solving any problems you have.

Dealing with money issues can sometimes be off-putting, but if you don’t understand how things like credit or mortgages work, you could end up losing out financially or getting yourself deep in debt. We can give you the information you need to make the right choices, including help to deal with your debt problems, with the help form a specialist debt caseworker, how to avoid losing your home and how to get your finances back into shape.

Having a job is an essential part of most people’s lives. When you are in work, you can be faced with many difficult issues, so it is essential to know what your rights are. We can help you to find out more about those rights and how to solve problems you face.

Housing issues will always arise and we can help you to know your rights and responsibilities. You could  find yourself threatened with eviction if you can’t cope with your rent or mortgage payments. We can advise on these issues and also advise on things like how to go about renting or buying a home or just finding somewhere to live. You can also find advice on handling problems with your landlord and help to avoid losing your home.

Whether you are purchasing goods or services, something has gone wrong with your purchase or you change your mind we can advise you on your consumer rights. If you have experienced problems with a holiday you have booked or the car you have purchased has broken down we can help you to resolve these issues.

You can find out more about your rights, as well as what to do if you face discrimination, need legal advice or have to go to court without a lawyer.

Find out what your rights are if your relationship has broken down, for example whether you can stay in the family home or who the children should live with. You can also find out how to deal with things like making a will, registering a birth or changing your name, and where else to go for help.

If you need advice on staying in the UK, applying for British Citizenship or are having problems with applications and visas we can advise you on your rights and help refer you for more specialist advice if appropriate. If you need help accessing benefits if you are subject to immigration control we can ensure that you get the help that you need.

Contact Us

Freephone: 0808 278 7874

Our advisers can help you resolve your problem.

We explain your options and the possible outcomes of different courses of action. We don’t tell you what to do we encourage you to make your own decisions and act on your own behalf. We aim to help you manage your own problems by identifying options for you.

Money Helper

Guide & Toolkit Download